Sleaford

Got a Power Cut in Sleaford? Here’s what to do:

Got a Power Cut in Sleaford?  Here’s what to do:

Power cuts can occur for a variety of reasons such as a storm or a cut power line. Not only do they cause us inconvenience, they can also be highly dangerous. Here are a few tips to keep you safe:

  • Check if your neighbours still have power. If their power has gone too, it could be a sign that there has been a local power cut. If this is the case, contact your network distributor. If your neighbours do have power but you still don’t, it’s likely there is a problem with the fuses or trip switches in your home.
  • Check your trip switch and fuses - Your trip switch should be on or near your fuse box/consumer unit. If the trip switch is off, try switching it back on. If it switches off again, this could indicate that one of your appliances may be faulty, so unplug all appliances and reset the trip switch. The best thing to do in this situation is to call an approved electrician. They will be able to inspect your system and repair any faults straight away, giving you peace of mind.

The importance of your Fusebox

Do you trust your electrician?

local, reliable and trustworthy electricians in Sleaford

Unfortunately this scenario crops up quite often when I go out to visit clients.

I hear often that electricians turn up hours after they had arranged, or in some cases not at all. This understandably leads to much frustration on the customers part and a general distrust of electricians in general.

I have to say that this kind of 'problem' is very common within the trade. Marshall Sadler Ltd however pride ourselves on a professional service and we understand that time is very valuable.

We offer full flexibility with our appointments – there is no need for you to take time off work and wait in for us.

Are you charging your mobile phone correctly?

Are you charging your mobile phone correctly?

A mistake that most of us are probably guilty of making is how we charge our mobile phones. Phone batteries have a habit of going flat at the most inconvenient of times.The best way to charge a phone is on a flat surface which is dry and free from soft furnishings. However, this can also mean that you might miss an important phone call or can't continue with that live chat in comfort!

This can lead to dangerous methods of phone charging which leaves the phone at risk of overheating and fire. A young girl was electrocuted whilst charging her phone as she was in the bath. This highlights why we do not have electrical sockets in the bathroom (that's for another blog post!).

When charging your phone can be dangerous?

As electricians in Sleaford, we have seen an increase in damaged sockets where the wrong type of charger ha been used when charging items such as smartphones.Typically this is when universal chargers are being used which are not compatible with the type of phone being charged.